Sunday, August 12, 2007

This Week's Knitting

I've finally finished the lace pattern scarf in MCY's hand-dyed alpaca yarn. It's currently blocking on the bed in the spare room. I just have to write up the pattern, When it's all done blocking I'll pack it up and send it out to MCY. It really turned out pretty, this one will be hard to give up. This is the progression.
First, we had this: Then, before blocking:




Currently, on towels on the spare bed and under a ceiling fan. All pinned out and looking nice. When I took this along to my knitting groups, I got many compliments on the colorway. It's really very pretty, and shows the lace pattern so well. It's very delicate.



Now I'm knitting another tank, like this one, except this time I'm knitting it in the round until I have to work on the the top. I hate seaming! I'm using Needful Yarns "Cotton Joy". I like this colorway, it reminds me of rainbow sherbet or, tuiti-fruiti gum! It's knitting up quickly.




3 comments:

vegasangelbrat said...

Oh wow, the scarf came out great! Love the colors and that pattern. Their gonna love it!
Another tank..lol glad this one is knitting up faster for you. Pretty yarn colorway.

NH Knitting Mama said...

Both of these projects are beautiful! I love the scarf.

km said...

That's a beautiful scarf! And I really like the tank. This one should be for you, then you and your BFF can be twins...(I so remember doing that when I was younger! =0)).