Monday, August 13, 2007

Compassion Knitting

Amy over at WUC would like us to name our favorite charities to knit for. I like to use the term "compassion knitting" rather than charity, which I wrote about here. So, in answer to Amy's question, I will say that my favorite causes to knit with compassion for are those created by individuals on a small scale on these here blogs, usually causes near to their hearts. Yes, WUC would be one. Laura's Greensburg Project grew HUGE in a few short months, which was awesome. I also like the Red Scarf Project because the caring thoughts behind that spoke to me. They were pretty overwhelmed in 2007 with 15,000 Red Scarfs (!!??), so I may just donate to the fund. I wish I had more time to knit projects with compassion, but I try to do what I can.

No comments: