1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why?
Somewhere I've never been? Maine, I think I'd like the scenery, LOBSTER, and I hear there are yarn shops and sheep and alpaca farms galore. I'd also like to visit Montana and Colorado, for the Big Sky and Mountains.
2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why? Australia. The scenery, the nature, and I LOVE an Aussie accent, right, mate?
3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries? A little, from NJ to MA in the northeast, and from NJ to VA in the mid-Atlantic.
4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? well, perhaps exotic, if tropical. Where was it? Barbados was one...it was so diversified from one coast to the other and north to south.
5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? I'm very fortunate that I was able to do a lot of traveling before a car accident limited my abilities 2 years ago. I've been on great trips all over the US and in the Caribbean and Mexico. Each trip I think about, I say...THAT was my favorite. But to choose one, it would have to be the "bare boat" sailing trip through the BVIs. Why? I'd never done anything like that before. I don't even camp! I'm a bit "high maintenance" and didn't think I'd last 10 days on a sail boat. There were 20 of us, all good friends, and we chartered 3-53' sailboats, and sailed throughout the BVIs, bringing in our own provisions, etc. It was an awesome time and so much fun. The snorkeling, the views, the people, the bars, sleeping and waking up on the water, even "joy baths"' in the Caribbean, so wonderful. I'm really glad I got the chance to do it.
6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Yes. Explain.
I live at the beach, so when friends from out of state visit, we do things that tourists do. beach during the day/boardwalk at night, aquarium, local restaurants, ice cream parlors, all the shops, etc.
7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker? In my heart I'll always be a beach comber. I can't walk on the soft sand for any length of time now, but in my mind I can. I'm also a big fan of "house tours" when I travel, and although it's not my personal deocrating style, I love looking at Victorian homes.
8. What's your favorite type of yarn? I like lots of different yarns, what appeals to me most are the colorways and the feel. I love alpaca and merino wool, and would like to try bamboo yarn and silk yarn sometime.
9. What's your least favorite type of yarn? scratchy acrylics
10. What items do you like to knit/crochet? purses/totes, blankets, cloths, shawls, more. I'm trying to knit a tank top now.
11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation? My project bag with a current WIP and some cotton for a dishcloth or yarn for a square for charity for easy knitting, needles and other supplies.
12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet? beading/jewelry making, I've done some mosaics, some silk/plant flower arrangements, decorating, faux painting, and I do some container gardening--flower and herb. I'd love to make herbal infusions sometime.
13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise) Rose scents make me ill, and I'm not fond of strong, clingy perfumes or cigarette/cigar smoke.
14. What is your favorite color? lavender purples pinks and shades of aquas/greens---like the ocean Least Favorite? orange and red
15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)? sweet (chocolate is yum)
16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know? I've got a very demanding cat, no human kids, I work full time and way too much of that. I desperately need a real vacation, but a virtual one will do just fine for now! I've just been knitting for a year and 1/2, and learning more everyday. One thing, I don't knit socks. :-)