Saturday, August 18, 2007

Mandy's Candy Bag

I didn't really have a whole lot of knitting time this week (more later) but I did manage to get a lot done on the tank I started last weekend. And, I knitted this pattern from Amanda, "Mandy's Candy Bag". I used leftover S&C cotton; it was the first time I used DPNs exclusively for a project, previously I've only used them for finishing a hat or I-cords. I got it! Yay me. But, that still won't make me knit socks ;-) Here's my little bag. It's cute. The only thing I did differently form the pattern was put a couple purl rows in the bag toward the bottom, and crochet chain a tie instead of I-cord. I'll make more I'm sure. Thanks for the cute pattern, Amanda!


NH Knitting Mama said...

Thanks for knitting it up! Looks great - and I'm glad it gave you the opportunity to use dpns. I've had good feedback that it is the perfect project for those looking to try dpns but don't want to do socks. Thanks!

I've added you to the gallery, and of course added these chances at the drawing, too!


vegasangelbrat said...

Your Mandy Candy bag came out great! You did good!! I'm still afraid of trying it, but am working up the courage (not being a true knitter) Takes me a week or so for a cloth, thiis will take me a

Jane said...

That's really cute - I have to knit up some of those.