Sunday, March 11, 2007

This Week's Knitting and thoughts on a Label

This week, I continued to work on my new great-niece Brooklynn's non-traditional baby blanket. It's coming along so nicely. I'm 1/2 way through the 5th section.
It's growing, and I think I'll be done by the end of the week.
I also made a square to send to a fellow knitter who requested some red,
white and/or blue squares so she can put
together a remembrance afghan for a family who's son, a Marine, was killed in Iraq. Which brings me to my thoughts on an often used label: "charity knitting". Sure, some knitting projects are for charity. Perhaps not all of them: even though the act is 'charitable' the thoughts behind this one, and some others I've participated in, are more "compassionate". Going forward, my projects of this nature will be labeled "compassion knitting" because that's what they based on and knit with: compassion for the recipient.

No comments: