Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Independence Day 2007

Happy 4th of July...
I've got the day off, technically. I have work that needs to be done remotely, but I don't want to do it. The weather is kind of sucky. So, I'm knitting while the laundry launders. I worked up a swatch for a project I'm making for MCY. The yarn is rayon chenille in their colorway Arabian. I've never knitted with it before, and I found that this yarn wants to knit up on metal rather than bamboo needles. Project to be determined...stay tuned. I
am also working on the lacy scarf, it's really coming along nicely.


This is how Reggae spent most of the 4th of July, in between watching the birds, squirrels and chipmonks on the deck. If the weather breaks and fireworks happen, it's good he's resting today because he will run from window to window, trying to find where the noise is coming from. If he sees the fireworks in the sky, he actually watches them. I've never seen a cat do that before!
He woke for a short while to "help" with the laundry. And no, that's not clean laundry he's about to sleep on, it's waiting to be done. :-) He likes snoozing on the warm dryer.
My friend Barb sent this link in an email. It's really beautiful. Enjoy!
I hope you had a fun and safe day, however you spent it.

1 comment:

vegasangelbrat said...

Oh that yarn has dark rich colors...actually gorgeous colors... don't blame Reggae one bit...I actually put a box with small swatches of squares in it on the dryer at my house..cats are always in it...be llucky is laundry needing to be done, here it doesn't matter..clothes are clothes...lol Right now I'm crochetless as Electra is laying on the bag (whats done so far), forgot to pick it up...lol