Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Journey Ends Tonight....


...And America got it WRONG! I'm not totally surprised that our hometown Idol Antonella Barba did not make the final 12. I have a theory on that, aside from her not being the strongest singer, (to put it politely) it has to do with a strategy of AI avoiding potential lawsuits from a previous Idol finalist who was discharged from AI when adult internet site photos of her appeared, while Antonella got to stay after racy photos of her were posted on the internet. Big difference there, Antonella didn't allow the pics of herself to be posted, the other woman did, and was paid for it. So, my theory: Have Antonella "voted" off, and it goes away. All that baloney aside, I really wanted to see her in the final 12. Oh well, what's done is done. She'll do fine, notoriety gets you far for a while. BUT---on the other side of the coin, 2 deserving finalists WERE sent home tonight and won't be in the final 12. Sabrina Sloan and Sundance Head should so be there. Sabrina wasn't one of my favorites, but I appreciated her talent. I really liked Sundance, and I'm sorry he won't be on any longer. Hmmm....I wonder what the heck happened? I really think"something" is screwy with the voting. I can't dwell on what's done. After all, it's only a TV show, and life goes on. Even though my Tuesday Wednesday and sometimes Thursday nights are consumed each week by IDOL shows! :-) Now, I need to pick a favorite or 2, because now, the competition really begins.

No comments: