First, is the scarf I made out of the left over Dream in Color "smooshy" 'lipstick lava'. I used the horseshoe print lace pattern. It came out nice after it was blocked. This will more than likely be a PIF gift. :-)
Next, is the hat I knit for Anniebananie's project to knit hats for her cousin Lynn who is undergoing treatment for breast cancer, or for the Winchester Medical Center where she's having treatment. I decided on the Chapeau Mariner, and used koigu kpppm for mine, rather than a solid color. btw, I am a fan of koigu now, too. I don't have the ribbon for the hat yet, and will probably block it to open up the lace pattern on the brim. I liked the way the koigu blended as I knit in the round. I'd like to pull a pink color out of the yarn to match to a ribbon to symbolize the fight against breast cancer. I think it turned out cute, and hope it's something that brings some cheer and comfort! Oh, and this was the hat I needed my Boye #6 tips that I'd misplaced to helpt with the cast on and thenswitch to #2s. Of course, I found the #6 tips and the attached cord after I'd finished the hat. I was packing my go-knit bag Friday night to take to the vet on Saturday because I knew I'd be waiting, and there they were, in that bag. At least they are no longer MIA. I discovered that it wouldn't be a bad idea to get an extra pair of #2 and #3 circular needles soon too.
My next object is a WIP, another gift for PIF. It's Morning Surf. Better images on Ravelry if you're in. I am using Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the Lakeview colorway. This is a fun pattern, with the drop stitches and all. I like the way this colorway is blending. I can see how it will be very pretty after some blocking. The pattern calls for casting on 76 stitches, which I did, and knit a few rows of the pattern. I decided that was too wide, and frogged that and cast of 46. I'm happy with that. It is recommended that straight needles are used for this pattern to support the wraps for the dropped stitches. Shoot...I didn't have #3 straights. But wait! I just might have...I won a 'lot' of vintage needles last year on ebay. Some metal, some wood, I just stuck them in a vase in my spare room. Yep, a pair of 3's! Metal and a little slippery, (i prefer bamboo or wood straights) but they'll do fine.
So that's the knitting progess for the past couple of weeks. Not nearly as much as I'd hoped to accomplish, but I'm pleased with the projects. Next on the agenda is awating the arrival of the yarn from dear Amanda that she's custom dyeing for my Mystic Light Lace KAL. I can't wait to see how the colors we've been discussing play out!