Saturday, June 09, 2007

Saturday Sky, Lots-O-Birds and Some Knitting

It was a peaceful Saturday late morning/early afternoon on my deck, until the yuck started falling from the trees and the neighbor started drilling concrete. Here is the sky, at about noon. It was 80 degrees and humid, but not bad in the shade. Clouds rolled in shortly after I took this.
While I was out there, the cute little purple finches congregated for lunch on the sunflower feeder. (Click pic for bigger, there's 7 birdies wanting to eat) I've since refilled it. I sat quietly knitting, Reggae sat quietly watching. Good cat. The sounds of birdies chirping gives me happy. I also saw an Oriole chasing a Blue Jay, that was way cool. I haven't seen Orioles around here in a long time, but have heard different birdsong, perhaps that's who it was.

Today was World Wide Knit In Public Day. If you count my deck as public, then I did. There wasn't anything organized in my area, and I didn't feel like venturing out anywhere to knit so while it was peaceful I knit on the deck. I started on the tank I swatched for last week. I actually got 2 pattern repeats done but frogged it and decided to attempt to convert the pattern to XS for my petite friend. When I couldn't stand the concrete deconstruction any longer I came back inside and continued knitting. I'm again at the point where the bottom ends and the pattern begins.

4 comments:

Donna Lee said...

I like to knit outside because the yarn colors look so much more vibrant in the sunshine than in the lamplight at night. I love the birdsong so I take my chair and sit out front of my house on what will someday be the front porch I long for and knit whatever is on top that day. I took a sock to the mall yesterday and knit in public in honor of the day. I was so proud when my 17 year old daughter sent me a text while on a date telling me she was knitting in public.

Anonymous said...

You are a woman after my own heart! I love the smell of bleach and callamine too! I love smells seasonally. Like fresh cut grass in the summer, leaves in the fall. Where are you from in Jersey? I know a guy from Brick Township.

Anonymous said...

Tag you're it! Check out my blog.

Secret Pal said...

Looks like a great place to sit out an enjoy alittle bit of nature and do somecrafting :) Miss hearing all the birdsongs...