Saturday, June 16, 2007

Saturday Sky and This Week's Knitting

This is the last Saturday sky for Spring this year. Summer will be here on Thursday. It was mostly sunny with temps in the low 80's and big thunderheads threatened in the afternoon. There was only a brief thunderstorm around sundown. One bolt of lightening followed immediately by a loud crack of thunder felt like it was right over the house. I do not like that.
This week I've been working on the tank I started last weekend. I've made a lot of progress, but I was confused by the way part of the instructions were written in the pattern for the armholes and neckband. I called the LYS where I bought the yarn and pattern, What's Needling You, yesterday to see if I could come in today for help. Debbie, the owner, graciously said to come on down anytime, so I did. I knew there was a sample of the tank in the shop on display, and seeing that helped. Debbie didn't knit that sample, but between looking at it and reading the pattern we were able to make sense of what wasn't. I sat and knitted for a while chatting with Deb, and once I was sure I knew what I was doing, I was able to pack up and head home. I didn't even buy yarn although I saw some I want. I did plan to...there was a Sale...BUT---I have some projects I need to knit for Danielle at MCY for her fall line, and if I get distracted, I'm doomed! :-) So, I just went home and continued to knit on the deck. This is where I was at about 5pm.
Now, at 9pm, I've got the whole front done! What's not shown is the back that I'm 1/2 way through with. I did find out that I could have (and really wanted to) knit this in the round to avoid seems. But, I listened to an "experienced" knitter who said it would mess up the lace pattern. Bah! Next time I'm going with my gut. I really am pleased with the way it's turning out, I just hope it fits my petite best friend. This is my very first actual garment. Yay me.
I hope you all have a lovely rest of the weekend.

3 comments:

Secret Pal said...

Love the blue in the sky photo...very blue!
Tank is coming out nicely, great job!! yeah you!! lol I'm sure your friend will love it!
Hope you have a great Sunday!! Happy knitting!

Anonymous said...

Huge congrats to you on your garment. I'm still in the I haven't knit a garment yet club, but it's definitely my hugest summer knitting goal.

Anonymous said...

oh I'm jealous! I can't wait to see the tank all finished! I hopw that you don't have more problems.