Wednesday, February 14, 2007

"My House is an Island"

...Or, why I didn't go to work today. After I wrote my cranky post last night about the stupid weather, it started. Freezing rain, snow and ice. It didn't leave too much on the ground, but did leave slippery roads. Overnight, the wind picked up and it rained. Hard. In sheets. Mixed with Ice. This is what I woke up to:



The houses across the street from mine are on the Canal and are waterfront. Today...I had waterfront AND back property.
There was no way I'd be able to get through that safely especially if there was ice underneath. I need to get one of those ice-grippy things for my cane! The ground was frozen solid, there was no where for the water to go. So, no going in to work for me today. Good thing I was able to do a few pending things from home. It was a good day to stay home. I'm knitting, of course, and got to watch Knitty Gritty for the first time. I will be DVRing that once the digital cable is installed. Good show.
Most of the water has receded since the rain stopped, but it's getting colder and freezing up now. Hoping the icy roads don't spoil all the Valentine's plans!!

1 comment:

knitheaven said...

WOW!! Who'd a thought?! Hope you're getting to enjoy your knitting:) Dianne