Sunday, February 11, 2007

KAL "Vaguely Vegas Bag" Yarn Choices


The Bag-A-Holic yahoo group has a pattern a month to knit-a-long. This month's pattern is called the "Vaguely Vegas Bag" It is a stash-busting KAL and also a game. Choose yarn from your stash, and roll the dice for the random order to use the yarns, and flip a coin for knitting or purling the round. My yarn choices are from left to right, hand-dyed wool/silk in the colorway "Bell Flower" from MCY, hand-dyed bulky cotton rayon "Moonstone" also from MCY, handspun, hand-dyed wool "Aquamarine" from Charbridge Woolen Company, wool/silk "Starlite" from MCY, and lavendar and teal alpaca from Lavish. I'm almost done with my bag. I'm not sure if I will felt it, as some of the yarn's content won't, but I might just to tighten up the alpaca. We can't post the finished bags until Feb. 28, so this is all I can share. It will be interesting to see how different they all will come out.

No comments: