Friday, August 08, 2008

08.08.08

Happy Olympics!
Did you watch the opening ceremonies? I only got home last night in time to watch most of the parade of nations. I never even heard of a lot of those countries! I have the beginning (which I heard was pretty darn good) to watch recorded on DVR. The torch lighting was quite spectacular. But what touched me most was Yao Ming carrying the flag for China, accompanied by little Lin Hao, the 9 y/o survivor and hero of the recent earthquake. Amazing.




I cast on for one of my projects for Ravelympics, and knit while I watched. I'm looking forward to watching swimming, diving, beach volleyball and gymnastics.

1 comment:

SissySees said...

Of course you have screen shots of what is perhaps my favorite Olympics '08 moment - that precious little hero having the recognition he so richly deserves!