Sunday, December 09, 2007

Christmas Meme


I saw this over at Anne's, so I thought I'd share some of my Christmas traditions and memories too.

1. Wrapping Paper or Gift Bags?
A little bit of both, depending on the gift. I can't do curly ribbons, Reggae eats them.
2. Real tree or artificial?
I prefer real, but had an artificial tree for a while
3. When do you put up the tree?
If it's going up, not until Dec. 1st at the earliest.
4. When do you take down the tree?
When I was a kid, I insisted it stay up until my b-day, Jan 7.
5. Do you like Egg Nog?

Yes. However, it took a long time to like it, after the episode as a kid, our parents had a party. My brother and I got up early the next day and poured what I thought was milk into our cereal...it was eggnog, with bourbon, leftover. I remember going into my parent's room and saying, Mom, there's something wrong with the milk! Holy crap. Ooops.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
One year we got a Toboggan. We had a sledding hill behind our house and that was so much fun. It snowed alot more back then, I think.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes, it was my parent's. I haven't put it out in years.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
No one is really that hard, I'm a good little shopper. My two oldest nephews are getting difficult now, though.
9. Easiest person to buy for?
my niece Kathryn.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
We do this stupid grab bag round robin thing with my bros/sis and our spouses, SO's and now older kids too...last year I got stuck with a lame desk fan. Blech! LOL
11. Mail or email Christmas Cards?
Mail, definitely.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Miracle on 34th st.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Whenever the mood strikes.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Yes. Once or twice. Shh...don't tell.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Christmas cookies! or, peppermint stick ice cream
16. Clear lights or colored?
Colored, hands down.
17. Favorite Christmas Song?
White Christmas
18. Travel or stay home at Christmas?
Stay home, only travel locally. The year I planned to go away, a truck landed on my Liberty shortly before, cancelling those plans!
19. Can you name all of Santa’s Reindeer?
Of course. DasherDancerPrancerVixenCometCupidDonnerBlitzen. And Rudolph
20. Angel or Star on the top of the tree?
Angel
21. Open Christmas Eve or Morning?
Morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
The rush and the and feeling obligated to buy for everyone.
23. What’s the corniest family tradition you do or miss doing?
That stupid grab bag, LOL.
24. What’s the worst thing you’ve seen related to Christmas?
People being offended by Christmas decorations.
25. Which looks best, theme trees or homey trees?
Homey trees.
26. Gingerbread or Sugar Cookies?
Sugar cookies. But I'd rather have tollhouse!
27. Do you like fruitcake?
No.

No comments: