Monday, November 05, 2007

Winter Wonderland Coffee Swap Weekly Topic

The Winter Wonderland Coffee Swap weekly topic is:
When did you first start drinking coffee? What age were you? Was it about the caffeine, or do you love the taste and smell? Tell us how your passion began!
I didn't start drinking coffee until I started working the dinner shift at the restaurant as a cashier/hostess at 16. There, I took it with 1/2 & 1/2 and sweet & low. I know, blech! At home, I'd use cremora and sweet & low. A couple years later I went on one of many diets and learned to drink it black, no sweetener, just coffee. Now, with the exception of an occasional mocha I can't stand the smell of coffee with any creamer or milk, but I love the smell of coffee as coffee. I am not sure if it is the caffeine or just the routine of the morning coffee, but I can't start my day without it. During the week, I get it on the run from Starbucks or if it's a bad ankle day the drive-thru Dunkin Donuts (prefer Starbucks), but at home on weekends, it's whatever yummy type is currently open in the freezer. I have a "one cup" from Black and Decker and that does a mug at a time so we don't waste if it's not finished.

1 comment:

vegasangelbrat said...

I've heard of those one cuppers...I'm gonna have to invest in one for MIke now that I brought the big pot home from work...lol He only drinks 1 cup here in the morning and then would have naother at work..yes, he misses me being there..lol Good Christmas present..thanks Nancy for mentioning it!!