Saturday, November 03, 2007

Miracle Grow Works.

For the past 9 years I lug this hibiscus in each fall, and out each spring. It was given to me by a dear friend when my cat before Reggae, Jasmine, went over the Rainbow Bridge. It's been repotted a couple times, and cut back a time or two. Sometimes it's sticks with a few leaves while overwintering indoors. But I'll never have the heart to let it die, it's sweet Jasmine's memory plant. This year, it grew HUGE on my deck, reaching the soffet (sp--blogger spellcheck doesn't like it). I kept meaning to cut it back because I wasn't sure I'd be able to bring it inside, let alone have the room. Well, with this odd weather we had a really warm October and I never did cut it back, but last weekend the threat of frost told me to bring it in. I couldn't cut it, all the top branches are full of buds. Never in its life has it had so many. So, lug her in I did, and now it's happily (for now) touching the ceiling and ready to bloom it's fool branches off. Perhaps I shouldn't have given it all that Miracle Grow this summer :-)

1 comment:

vegasangelbrat said...

It sure looks great, I wouldn't have the heart to cut off the buds either :) Miracle Grow does work wonders!