Saturday, August 11, 2007

No Wonder Reggae Gets Hairballs!

I went to PetsMart last night to pick up food for the non-humans in my life.
:-) While there, I wanted to pick up a flea comb for Reggae, just to make sure the Advantage is working. I think I might have thrown the one we had out with the paper towel last time I used it. Didn't see a flea comb, but I did see the Furminator. I've seen this on TV, and also saw it mentioned in someone's blog (can't remember who, but thank you!) So I thought...hmmm...$35? It better work. Reggae gets brushed every day. Sometimes 2 or 3 times, if he asks for more. He loves to be brushed. And I get so much hair from him. I always say I could make another cat each time I clean his brush. But he sheds like crazy still. Abyssinian cats are not a long hair cat either, but the breeder bred her cats to have a thicker coat than most. And my poor dude is plagued by hairballs, no matter what I treat him with. This comb is supposed to really get the loose hair and undercoat. And MAN--they weren't kidding. The large clump of hair on the right is after maybe 5 minutes of brushing last night...that smaller clump is from this morning. His coat didn't look bad at all before that brushing, but holy hairballs, Batman, it looks fabulous now. Hopefully, the more he's brushed the better it will be for him.

1 comment:

vegasangelbrat said...

WOW, really nice to know that items like that really do work! Will have to check into it as one of mine sheds more then the other and alwaysssssssssssss bringing up hairballs. Thanks for posting this!