Sunday, March 04, 2007

Knitting is the new Yoga

This week's knitting was strictly for stress relief. Yes, the projects needed to be worked on, but they are uncomplicated and didn't require lots of stitch patterns to memorize or constantly check a pattern. I'm wigging out over the deconstruction happening around me in mi casa. I want it done NOW. Anyone who knows me will attest to the fact I am not the most patient person. In fact, I am rather a fan of instant gratification. I'm also frustrated with things happening at work, but that is an on-going saga. It's been brought to my attention that I'm not the easiest person to be around these days. HA! Hopefully, it won't be much longer. So, this week I worked on the non-traditional baby blanket for my great niece to-be; I'm well into the 4th section. Which, if my calculations are correct (this is a pattern I'm making up as I go along) means I'm half way through. Good thing I'm at least that far, she may be making her debut tomorrow, on her parent's 2nd anniversary, no less! Hopefully I'll be done by the time we go up to see her.
I also knitted a "gracious parcels" square. I'll knit more to send in, it is a very easy yet rewarding project, and a good way to use up some leftover yarn.

I didn't knit them this week, but I pulled these cheery dishcloths out to go to a Ronald McDonald House in Canada. A fellow knitter requested some to bring to the facility she's been taking her daughter to, and knowing I had some tucked away that I'd knitted over the summer, I was glad to help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's great that you find the time to do some charity knitting. I need to work on that!